Skip to Main Content
- American Diabetes Association the nation’s leading organization committed to fighting diabetes by driving discovery through research and innovation
- American Dietetics Association - This official organization of the dietitians includes nutrition fact sheets, nutrition information for consumers, position papers, the food guide pyramid and much more for the general public
- American Heart Association A healthy diet and lifestyle are your best weapons in the fight against heart disease.
- American Public Health Association We are a multidisciplinary group interested in local, national and global food and nutrition issues
- American Society for Nutrition - Research society dedicated to improving the quality of life through the science of nutrition.
- AZHealthInfo.org - This site brings together in one portal access to local, state and national information on individual, clinical and community health related topics. Information on individual health conditions and diseases, community health issues and problems.
- Biological Diversity in Food and Agriculture - This website, designed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, explores some of the many issues surrounding biodiversity in food and agriculture, with important sections devoted to genetic resources, ecosystems, and the socio-economic impacts upon this diversity.
- Cancer Mortality Maps and Graphs - Interactive maps, graphs, text, tables and figures showing geographic patterns and time trends of cancer death rates for the time period 1950-1994 for more than 40 cancers.
- Centers for Disease Control The lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety of people.
- CDC FASTSTATS - The Faststats site provides quick access to statistics on topics of public health importance and is organized alphabetically. Links are provided to publications that include the statistics presented, to sources of more data, and to related web pages.
- Center for the Advancement of Health - Promotes the advancement of health and provides information on the impact of nonbiological factors on health.
- Center for Weight and Health at UC, Berkeley - Web resource at UC, Berkeley containing links to programming materials that can be used by both individuals and practitioners.
- ClinicialTrials.gov - Provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
- Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service - Information on food, agriculture, and related topics.
- Environmental Working Group Food Scores
- Food and Nutrition Information Center - Provides credible, accurate, and practical resources for nutrition and health professionals, educators, government personnel and consumers.
- Go Red for Women Women's heart disease group, a subsidiary of the American Heart Association
- Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School
- Hayward Medical Communications evidence-based medicine (EBM) web pages feature details of our catalogue of publications in this field.
- Institute of Medicine Food and Nutrition Page - This page features links to current projects, events, and reports concerning food, nutrition, and diet. Full text books and reports on dietary reference intakes are available from this site.
- Interactive Menu Planner - A daily food and meal choices guide based on one day's calorie allowance. It may be used in advance to plan a meal, or at the end of a day to add up total calories, as well as fat, and carbohydrates consumed
- International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) - This site is a gateway to information on the International Dairy Foods Association; the Milk Industry Foundation, the National Cheese Institute, and the International Ice Cream Association.
- International Obesity Task Force - Organization dedicated to informing the world about the urgency of the problem of obesity.
- Life Science Dictionary - 8300+ terms dealing with biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, cell biology and genetics. Also contains some terms relating to ecology, limnology, pharmacology, toxicology and medicine.
- Livestrong Helping You Live Stronger, Healthier and Happier
- Medical Dictionary from MedlinePlus - Medical dictionary
- Medical Images on the Web - A portal with evaluated, annotated links to online image collections
- Medline Plus National Institutes of Health's Website providing information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues.
© 2022 Clark Library at Jesuit High School | 9000 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy | Portland, OR 97225 | P 503-292-2663